What is Sex Therapy?
Sex Therapy is an integrative form of therapy aimed at treating sexual concerns. Sex Therapy can help with:
- Discomfort with sexuality
- Dissatisfaction with sex
- Anorgasmia (failure to reach orgasm)
- Low labido (sex drive)
- Erectile dysfunction or impotence (inability to maintain an erection)
- Premature ejaculation
- Delayed ejaculation
- Vaginismus (involuntary muscle spasms in the vagina)
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Sexual Trauma
- Questioning your gender or sexuality
- Compulsive, out of control, sexual behaviors. (e.g. “sex addiction”)
Sex therapy does not involve any physical contact between client and therapist. It may involve education, mindfulness exercises and homework to enhance your sex life. I integrate a Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behavioral approach to examine your beliefs about sexuality and change behaviors, while also understanding the source of patterns related to sexuality to create lasting change.
I have received additional education and training in Sex Therapy through the Buehler Institute.